Become a member of the HLC Team! Below are some of the opportunities at HLC to make a difference in our community by bring greater housing affordability to San Mateo County.
HLC is seeking candidates for a part-time, temporary Operations Manager position with opportunities for advancement over time. The ideal candidate is a service-oriented individual with strong organizational and multitasking skills, with experience in office administration. This position would be a great fit for an individual seeking an array of dynamic responsibilities, ranging from fiscal management to event support. We are a small, diverse group of individuals with a fierce passion for affordable housing and equal opportunity for all of San Mateo County’s residents.
HLC is a membership organization that works with communities and their leaders to produce and preserve quality affordable homes. HLC supports its members as they work to create and preserve enough well designed, sensibly located housing at all levels so that everyone who works here, lives here, or grows up here can obtain a suitable home. HLC and its membership coalition:
- Advocate for housing policies that create affordability at all income levels
- Collaborate with local government, community members and stakeholders to promote "complete communities"
- Educate through community-wide events such as San Mateo County Affordable Housing Week and Housing Leadership Day
- Empower residents to speak up for housing opportunities for everyone in their communities.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as primary contact and manager for day-to-day operations, including updating office-wide calendars, maintaining files, and regulating office equipment and supplies (telephone/internet, printer/copier, facilities, insurance, etc.).
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations in QuickBooks and communicate with bookkeeper to keep database current.
- Manage accounts receivable/payable
- Administer payroll on a semi-monthly basis, including tracking employee sick, vacation, and holiday leaves.
- Professional experience in office operations, coordination and administration.
- Intermediate level ability with QuickBooks, ADP, Microsoft Excel, and Access.
- Knowledge of standard and nonprofit accounting principles.
- Ability to work independently as well as with consultants/Board members/part-time employees who work remotely.
- Familiar with nonprofit finances and public agency requirements.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Strong language and editing abilities.
- Strong initiative, coordination, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Status: Temporary, part-time
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary and Benefits:
$19.00-$25.00 per hour depending on experience. This is part-time, temporary position that may turn into a permanent position with opportunities for advancement over time.
How to Apply:
Housing Leadership Council is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.